Friday, January 10, 2014

Danger Dan hits the shelves!

He's dangerous! He's Dan! He's... Danger Dan!

Yes! For more corny jokes like these, check out my latest book, co-written with Lesley-Anne! The title of the first book in this five-part series is Danger Dan Confronts the Merlion Mastermind.

We collected our books from Epigram Books yesterday and it was uber exciting! There's just something about seeing your book in print form for the first time - I don't think it ever gets old.


Here we are, with our editor, Ruth and designer, Lydia. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to work with people as enthusiastic as you about your books. They've both done a fantastic job. I also have to credit James, the incredibly talented illustrator, who wasn't present yesterday.

I didn't offer pre-orders of my book to my blog readers this time, unlike with The Good, the Bad and the PSLE, as postage would make the book more expensive than buying it from the bookshops. So if you're keen to buy Danger Dan (and I hope you will be!), do check out the major bookshops (especially Kinokuniya). Give them a week or two to get the stocks onto the shelves.

Price is $10.90 (before GST). Reading level: 8-12 years old.

Meanwhile, you can find out more about this series here. You can even read the sample first chapter to see if you like the writing style of the book. And do 'like' our Facebook page to receive fun Danger Dan updates.

Danger Dan - saving Singapore now and then!



11 comments:

Zhen said...

hurray! my boy loves superheroes books and i love SG context books. double hurray!

monlim said...

Thanks for the support, Zhen!

Tan said...

Keeping my eye out for this book. Can't wait to get it for my kids to read.

monlim said...

Tan: Thanks! It's been spotted at Kino Ngee Ann City, which means it shd be out in all Kino stores :)

Tan said...

If only I checked in earlier, I was outside Kino earlier this afternoon.

Are your books distributed to Popular stores too? I frequent Popular stores more often than Kino.

monlim said...

Tan: Yes, it should be found at Popular too but Popular tends to be slower in getting the stocks to their shelves. Hopefully they should be in by next week or so :)

Tan said...

Thanks. Will contact Popular store next wk to check.

Will you be arranging any book signing events? It would be great if my kids can meet local authors.

monlim said...

Tan: We don't know yet at this point, but school talks should be in the works, as well as public book talks. Do check in on the Danger Dan FB page regularly for updates!

Karmeleon said...

My P1 boy read all the 6 books (like 1 book a day?!) - I borrowed them from library, and had used them as rewards for following his daily "To-Dos". Now he says - No more? :p I told him he has to wait for the Che-Che to finish her A-levels 1st - just like his Big Gor-Gor (also A-levels). *hehe*

monlim said...

Karmeleon: Sounds like he enjoyed them, yay! Yes, there will probably be another DD series but have to wait till next year after A levels :)

Karmeleon said...

Great! Waiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...